Saturday, November 10, 2012

Candy-O, I need you so...

Did you survive Halloween? We had a good time partying it up the weekend before, but I'm always left wanting more, especially when it falls on a weeknight. I love Halloween, but we are those, "weird parents" who don't really eat or give our 2 year old candy, so that pretty much leaves us with nothing to do but carve pumpkins on the holiday itself. While our community has a few cool events we go to, they are always the weekend before & the older littlemaneel gets, the more weary I grow of the confused, sometimes dirty looks we get from the dressed up attendants when we refuse the candy. Look folks, I'm sure there will come a day when our child will eat some candy, ok. All we are saying is, he's 2 & he's got the rest of his life to eat candy. If it makes you feel better, we do allow him to eat fair trade, organic dark chocolate chips from time to time. Long story short, as soon as littlemaneel is old enough, I think we'll start hosting Halloween parties on the night of Halloween (don't go thinking they'd be lame-I'm talking bonfires, bobbing for apples, hot cider, smores & more)! Here he is in his, "mom's original idea was way too involved, so at the last minute she cranked this one out" T-Rex costume. 





So Halloween has come & gone & now we're less than 2 weeks away from Thanksgiving! We're lucky enough to have gotten our goods into a great new local shop & our stuff has actually been selling rather well! With two weeks away & counting from Small Business Saturday (& Black Friday), we've been steadily building & restocking inventory. Check out our new Fancy Little Pillows...




Ok, so it hasn't all been profit based crafting. Here's a t-shirt I just had to make for littlemaneel. While it isn't for sale, I suppose it could be. 




I am being beckoned as there are lots of things that still must be sewn, cut & glued this weekend, so I must go. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment